1. A well sourced rumor has it that while some of us are attending events like the Justice Conference to learn new ways to serve people, a certain mega pastor is closing his churches food pantry to make room for a radio station. I guess he missed the conference..
2. We’ve lost freedom of speech in this country. Rush Limbaugh was forced to apologize because he called someone a “slut”. Now, I think Rush was wrong to do so and overall I think that Rush is proof that pigs are the most intelligent creatures in the animal kingdom. However…what he spoke is what he believes. I would rather know up front what a man believes than have the truth hidden under layers of politically correct verbiage. That is far more dangerous than insults and “hate speech”. You can force a persons words to change, but you can’t force a change in heart.
3. Mars Hill wants to reconcile with those wounded under their ministry. My cynical side says all the bad press was helpful…my hopeful side says that this is far more of an outreach than I’ve seen attempted since I’ve been blogging. Choose to be hopeful.
4. A woman is suing a Catholic church because she was refused communion due to openly living in a homosexual relationship. I’m wondering what I would have done in the same situation. This is the issue that will define the future of theologically conservative churches.
5. Some of you are taking “Words With Friends” way too seriously…
6. I got word over the weekend that an old adversary has a few months left to live. The news brought me great grief for his family and great sadness … I regret that I didn’t love my enemy.
7. Maybe we should just close all the churches and do radio. There’s not enough Christian radio out there already and who knows but maybe thousands of souls will be saved and many backsliders brought back to the faith if your pastor has his own program. How will the great unwashed masses know who he is without a radio show? Besides, we all know that radio is the technology of the future… dig deep and spend the church budget on radio….we’ll always have the poor with us. The Gospel is the food they really need.Why send out people, when you can send out a signal? Poor people have cooties.
8. I forgot to give up sarcasm for Lent.
9. The church needs to pray for the ingenuity to form more “for profit” ventures to fund the “non profit” commands of Scripture…think about it.
10. Ed Stetzer is getting ripped by my Reformed brethren and the ODM’s at the same time…for being fair to Rick Warren. In the church, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I think that verse is found in Macadamia 1:2.