1. I think if a good prayer life is the mark of a true believer, I may split hell wide open. I “hear” God in circumstances and other people and I can count “answers” to actual prayers on one hand. This used to trouble me greatly, but I think it’s the “normal” Christian life. George Muller is not the standard…and there is no singular template for living the Christian life.
2. The internet has made matters worse…if it has proven anything, it’s that humans thrive on instant feedback. Delayed gratification is part of the curse of the fall.
3. Two reasons I could never be Catholic…the issue of authority and the place given to Mary.
4. The most profound things I’ve learned from N.T. Wright are that the whole creation will be redeemed…recreated… and that heaven and earth will become one place in that new creation.
5. I’ve been trying desperately to recreate myself, but it looks like I ‘ll have to wait for that day as well…I woke up this morning and I was still me.
6. If you want to know who your real friends are, write a book and hope for help promoting it…
7. Not to be a religious bigot…but I have to wonder how much I’d trust the judgment of someone who can believe Mormon history and theology. I also wonder about how much a Romney presidency would validate their bizarre beliefs.
8. What is the future of book stores? Same as record stores…
9. Claiming that you are defending “the Gospel” without defining ‘the Gospel” is usually nothing more than attacking someone else because they disagree with you on a secondary issue. It’s also almost always spiritual grandstanding for the sake of attention.
10. When I was younger, I defined myself by what I was against…